I am a wolf of the tundra, fur as white as the clouds but dusted yellow by the wind. I am a creature of the blustering cold and ice of the north, who follows in the hoof prints of the great musk ox and caribou. I am the arctic wolf, the wanderer who looks for kith and kin, loving all who come into her circle of ‘pack’ and doing wrong to none. I slip the collar of society and I laugh at it, for it is truly stupid. With teeth bared I race across the tundra, the permafrost soft and crisp under foot, under paw. My claws dug in, tearing up little bits of the moss and on and on I run, because I am Wolf and Wolf can run forever. I run because I am joyful! I am going somewhere and I am proud of it! To those who hold to society’s rules, who fearfully nose at its borders, looking out at the wind where I run with wild abandon I feel pity and I snap my teeth and snarl in defiance that I was ever that way too. To those that would collar me, bridle me, harness me up - to you I bare my fangs for I am not to be bridled or collared or harnessed! A wolf is wild and shall stay that way! Reach for me if you dare, but feel my teeth then for I will not submit even grudgingly to your authority! I am a wolf and not just a wolf, for I am a loner, a wanderer, a princess meant to one day be pack queen! To you who would run with me, whose call would wind with mine - welcome! To you I cavort, bounding in eager invitation to play and let us run together in the tracks of the caribou, past the spirit play of the aurora to cavort and prance under the roof of the world. We are beautiful! We are pack! We are wolves! Let the snow grace our pelts like the near white fox and let us dash across the fading ice flows and let us find a better place, a place where the halter of society can find us no more. Such a place would be Paradise and surely if it exists, we will find it.
Because we are wolves and we had this planet first.
And to those we left behind - we call for you! Join us! Join us in our play and find what life is really like! Pause from your day of conforming to society for there is no honour in that. Pause from your grind, your pull and howl back to us as we call to you. Perhaps then, you will find a measure of how much we miss you, because above all things, to a wolf, family always comes first. We love you.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment