Sunday, December 5, 2010

FFFFFFFFFFFF! (A vent.)


Alright, so here's a rant. I hate people who are critical of stories and I especially hate myself. People who are critical of stories are just plain annoying, especially if you know my take on what a good review is. If you can't enjoy a story even for its strong points, you suck. Am I critical of stories? Hell yes I am! To the point where I have killer writer's block right now and can't write more than a few paragraphs without having a conniption and deleting it all. I don't know what's wrong with me. I have tried everything from just temporarily abandoning my story and working on the next one to restarting the second half and nothing is working. I've tried editing what I have. I've tried rewriting parts and reworking them and I'm not sure if it's working. The problem is that I like some of what I have, I really do, I'm just not sure if its working and my brain really isn't computing. This is a recipe for strong self-hate because I feel like I'm chasing my tail to the point of getting really dizzy. Writing used to be what I loved doing most, before I moved out and became a stupid fucking adult. Scratch that - I wrote all of the EB that I have since I moved out, and it's excellent. I'm just having a block against writing anymore or doing anything to it, because a lot of what I come out with lately is CRAP in the quality. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I can't stand myself.

Now everyone's going to think I'm weak for hating critics. Fuck off. I'm entitled. I have my own critic right here and she's a real scurvy bitch. I don't need anybody else messing with my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment