This piece I did as descriptive practice for my English class when I was in grade 10 at my highschool PVSS in Armstrong, British Columbia. I believe it was under instruction of the infamous Mr. Hobkirk, a man who I decided to hate within seconds of my meeting him. In fact, the first thing I ever said to him directly, if memory serves me correctly, was "du alter fritz" which according to my memory, translates from German as "you old dummy." I was so instantaneously unimpressed by this bumbling man that I could never put my heart and soul into working for him, as a dog will behave when its master has given it no reason to respect him, yet despite my lack of respect for the man me and Hobkirk managed to be pretty good friends anyway. I'm not sure if he ever understood the insult I spat at him that day in English, but if he did, I apologize post-haste. I feel regret, for I never was able to do any great art for the man like he wanted, but maybe that's okay in the end. In any case, here is a description I did of my cat Smokey, now 13 years of age.
Rosanna P. Brost Block: C June 1st 2006
“SMOKEY”
She was a small cat, but her loud voice made up for it. Smokey was always meowing, demanding to be petted or calling for her human, Josh. She had dark linx tips to her ears and eyes the colour of gooseberries. Soft brown fur around her nose made her look like she wore a mustache and soft, pure white fur made a track down her bib to her belly. Tiny, dainty socked paws with a few brown toes were what she walked upon. The beautiful little queen had silky grey-brown fur, dappled by darker spots. A long black dorsal stripe traced her spine, vanishing into her sterling silver tail, which was banded with ebony. Her elegant pelt did not smell bad or rank, rather of dead leaves and earth. Smokey was magnificent to behold and if you petted her and listened close, you could hear her almost silent purr.
No comments:
Post a Comment