It's funny that in modern day I have to define this, but coming from a place like deviantART is this really surprising? My idea of a good review is not "OMFG THAT WAS FRIGGING AMAZING!!!!1!!!!1!!!" like people seem to think, but a kind, honest review that says "hey, this is a good book, it has faults like all books do, but I liked the characters or I liked it anyway." A good review is one that comes from shows that whoever read the book honestly enjoyed the ride the author took them on. I get really frustrated when people get super critical about books and movies, saying "it was a bad movie because of these continuity errors" or "bah they could of done so much more with the genre" or "that was so cliche, I hated it because they reused the same theme."
Let me say this; people who over critisize things really get my goat. Really. When people start nitpicking the shit out of a perfectly good story it makes me want to punch them in the head. Do these people not realize that there isn't a single story in the world that is completely original? Even Shakespeare took ideas from other authors. Human kind has been telling the exact same stories in different forms from the beginning of time and will likely continue to until its end. I'm sorry critics, but no matter what you say, you will never see a completely original tale. Somebody, somewhere, has said it all before. There is no such thing. So get off your high horse and enjoy the story for what it is, otherwise kindly piss off.
That's all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment