I have heard many stories of people who never get to find out who they are, who have to go through midlife crisis before they realize they're not who they always thought they were. I've been going through a tough time for a while now and I think it's because I've been at war with my own inner nature. I went to animation school even though I am lazy and for years I have been trying to force myself to be more social, when the fact is, I'm just not. For years I've complained about being the stray dog that everyone pets but nobody loves, but the fact is, I love being that stray dog and furthermore, that stray dog likes to go up on top of lonely hillsides to be alone and howl at the moon. I have, I believe, discovered myself, or more exactly, accepted who I am for I have known all along. I am neurotic and hyper. I love to run and I adore any chance to hike - I'm like a husky that just wants to go, go, go! I worry about everything and I'm opinionated to a fault. I'm a scientist, but my favourite animal to study is myself. I'm selfish and I don't need your opinion or that of society. I'm a stubborn ass. I like cats. They're chill and lazy, just like me. They love when they want to and not anytime else. So what if I'm a wolf without a pack? This stray wolf has people who pet her, who stop to scratch her ears now and then to tell her good girl! So what if I live at the fringes of social society? That's where I like it babe and that's where I'll stay. Until the day that another stray dog comes sniffing my way I'll give my heart to nobody. I'm a loner and I'm happy. I have no idea where I'm going with my life, but if I just follow my nose maybe I'll get somewhere good.
That's all folks. This wolf is staying in Vancouver~!
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I respect that. =)
ReplyDeleteIt's really interesting to listen and read about others' self discovery stories. It gives me hints on how I can discover myself too.
I hope that confidence will stick with you. ^^
Cheers!
<3 Thanks, I always worry that people are gonna be weirded out by who I am, I'm sort of a strange cookie. ^^
ReplyDelete