Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ki and Keel Have a Serious Discussion


...concept art for their FIRST discussion! This conceptual art depicts their very first conversation with Ki speaking Sloveniskan with Keel, which sadly, will not be a very informal or light-hearted conversation at all. Poor Ki doesn't look like he likes whatever Keel is trying to convince him of...

I usually prefer putting concept art only on my sketch blog, but the true conceptual nature of this one just cried that I put it here!

2 comments:

  1. I love all the little practical details in their outfits. You put a lot of thought into everything. Ki looks so vulnerable. I want to give him a hug! Who's the elven kitteh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm always trying to develop the drakoon clothing for practicality. The segmentata (armour made of segmented interlapping metal pieces for flexibility - originally used by the Romans but drakoon armour is kind of a cross of Roman segmentata and samurai armour) of the armour might be revamped in the way I draw it soon (at least for realistic pictures because it's a touch inaccurate.) In this picture Ki's not wearing his full armour because he's just at home (and Kelveniska has bizarre whims concerning clothing) so he's just wearing a shirt, chainmail and that neck guard which almost never comes off of him. It's nice having a scale reference between him and Keel for once too! (Gives me a better idea of just how undersized Ki actually is for my visualizing of him.) The cat is Marl and he's Keel's. I added him to balance the scene and because he'll probably be in it anyway, since he's almost always at Keel's side. I love the fact that he makes Ki look even smaller!

    ReplyDelete