Is there a difference between a human disaster and a natural disaster? Yes. There is - a big difference. Human disasters are disasters which can absolutely be avoided, which can be controlled from ever happening. In most cases involving natural disasters, these can't be controlled from happening. A person can potentially avoid a tsunami by seeking higher ground, but you can't predict the earthquake that causes it or the fact that it may or may not come. We usually have no idea when a volcanic eruption is to happen or when a flood will hit because we lack the natural senses of our fellow animal. However, we can predict and prevent disasters caused by our own species from the atomic bomb to the rise of Nazi Germany, all human misdeeds are preventable. They may not be very predictable, but the pilots who flew the bomb to Hiroshima could have said no. They could have refused to carry it and those who trigger wars can learn not to selfishly include other people in their misdoings.
Humans can be seemingly far more vicious and destructive than nature. Propaganda is a powerful tool for blindfolding the people and for changing the direction of society. The average person will not notice the vicious shepherds that herd it. Until now, I was never aware of the reality that conspiracies probably exist in our world, despite the freedom our ancestors fought for in the wars of the last two centuries. Will I research these things more? Probably no. Human kind scares me, but there is a difference between humans and 'the big one,' the massive earthquake which is supposed to someday hit the West Coast of North America. I can do nothing about the big one beyond stray far from the coastlines. I do not know when or if the earthquake will occur and I cannot stop it when it does. Humans have no control over earthquakes - but we do have control over ourselves. We do have the power to stop our own kind.
We must always remember this. I stand on guard for thee.
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Human Disaster versus Natural Disaster
Labels:
conspiracy,
natural disaster,
propaganda,
the big one
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment